Monday, April 17, 2017

You are my Hero

Hello!  Thank you so much for stopping by
 
Today is the 17th of April and that means a self breast check is on the orders for today!  Please do not take it lightly and remind a girlfriend!
 
Cas-ual Fridays Stamps, on the 17th of each month has several card makers who remind the public to do a self breast exam.  This is saving lives and women have found lumps through our reminders. 
 
Please stop by the Cas-ual Fridays Stamps blog here.  There is going to be some excited news announced, so please be sure to stop by.
 
I created an artistic card for this month.  I also veered from the 'pink' breast cancer theme because to me purple is a happy color.  You are my hero came to life pretty quick. 
 
I first took 4 petals Fri-die and cut 3 of each size.  I then took a dauber and colored with Distress Oxide ink edges.   With  the color Tierra (from Catherine Pooler), I took my pinky finger and put a dab of yellow on the center.  Then with glue I placed a small dot and used prills.  I set these aside to dry.
 
While that was drying, I took some watercolor paper from Tim Holtz and with purple color I simply just randomly made a spot 3 flowers would fit.  I was a tiny bit impatient, so I took my heat gun to the purple to help speed the drying time.
 
I then took So Pretty from Cas-ual Fridays Stamps and with Distress Oxide and my MISTI stamped You are my Hero.  This is the perfect sentiment for so many occasions. 
 
To finish the card, I cut purple cardstock to mat the white cardstock.  The card is a standard A2 size card.
 
Cas-ual Fridays Stamps products used:
So Pretty - Stamp Set
4 Petals - Fri-Die
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty purple card, Kara! I love what you did with the flowers. Thanks for explaining how you created this beautiful and encouraging card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara your card is gorgeous! I love the purple color and your flowers are so pretty! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete