Monday, November 7, 2016

Give Thanks

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Kara here from Create By Kara
 
Today I would love to show you a simple card created with a digital stamp called Scarecrow with a fence and can be found here.   When using a digital stamp, do not be intimidated!  I use a Brother Laser Printer for my digi stamps.  They are fun to use as you can make them any size you need. 

1.  I printed the Scarecrow with a Fence digi and colored with Spectrum Noir markers
2.  Next I used the Brother Scan N Cut to trim around the edge.  Don't think you need this device to use a digi.  You could simply use a die from the Fancy Frames selection and cut a frame or base.  You do not need to cut to be able to use these.
3.  I then took the Fancy Frame die set and cut a rectangle on white card stock. 
4.  Using the Outdoor Landscape die set, I took the hill die and cut to use as a mask.  I then laid the mask down and with the Clarity Stencil Brushes I brushed on the blue for the sky.  After the sky I used the other half of the mask and proceeded to brush on the grass color.  I set this aside while I compiled the other parts of my card.
5.  I then took brown card stock and cut 6.25 x 4 and embossed with an embossing folder.  I took brown ink and edged around the sides.  Let this dry completely.. I did not.. so learn from my lesson, LOL!
6.  I then took orange card stock and  trimmed 5.75 x 2.5.  Edged this in orange ink. 
7.  Using the Give Thanks from Thankful Squeaks stamp set and my MISTI.. I stamped the bottom right corner.
8.  I then layered the brown and orange as I wanted and added brown ribbon for a bit of interest.  I attach my ribbon using tape on the back of my card stock.  I then added the white hill piece and glued down my digi scarecrow.
9.  Finally, I added spectrum noir sparkle glitter pen on the pumpkins and sunflower.  The photo may not catch the sparkle.  Also adding a few sprinkles from Dooglebug to the bottom left corner to add the final touches. 
 


 


1 comment:

  1. Just love this! Love the colors and so adorable! That embossing is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete