Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Retro Happy Birthday!

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Featuring the Retro Happy Birthday die from Die Versions.    The retro line is so fun I decided to play around.  I do apologize, but the Retro Happy Birthday is out of stock right now.  Check out the other Retro Dies available here.
 
To create my background I used the shaving cream technique.  I watched a few YouTube videos to get the feel for it.  This is a super messy technique, but oh so pretty.  I knew I wanted a 'retro' or tie dye look.. so I chose the reinker colors I thought would look best for that 'style'.  I used the reinkers from So Suzy Stamps and they are just perfect for the look I was going for.
 
I made these before I went to bed so it would be dry the next day.  I do have to say the shaving cream smelled wonderful!  LOL
 
 
Here is what I ended up with.  You get TONS of prints out of one shaving cream session.  I could have done even more by adding other colors near the end.
  
 
 
 
I then cut the Retro Happy Birthday die on pink paper to make it stand out.  I glued it down and applied Spectrum Noir clear sparkle.  This can dress anything up and who doesn't love a glitter look!  I then finished it off with some new Ranger enamel accents. 
 
 
 
Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment