Monday, July 11, 2016

A cuppa thanks!

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today starts a new linky challenge at Craftin Desert Divas.   If you have not entered challenges now is a great time to start!  The theme for the next two weeks is Coffee and can be found here.
 

If you do not have coffee stamps, Craftin Desert Divas has digital images you can print from home and color! 
 
For my card I started off by taking out the Fancy Frames die set.  This set and the flag banner set are staples in my crafting .. I use them on so many projects.. I highly recommend either of these (or both if you can).  I knew I wanted a brown look.. I guess brown and coffee go together.  I cut two panels from the Fancy Frames.  The largest panel I embossed with a coffee folder.  I set that aside and with the next panel I heat embossed using the Got Coffee Stamp set.   Embossing powder used was from Lindy's Stamp Gang called Café au Lait.  The photo does not capture the shimmer and shine from this powder, but not only does it accent your image .. it leaves a gorgeous shimmer to the entire piece. 
 
I then cut from the Flag Banner die set my favorite flag of all.  This adds so much dimension to your project.. I stamped and embossed A cuppa thanks with the same embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang.
 
To assemble my card I used scor tape to adhere my largest panel.  I love scor tape because it is super secure and when I emboss I feel like there is so much not touching the paper.. anyways the scor tape is fabulous and strong!
 
Then with my next panel I used foam tape to raise this portion.  Adding my flag banner I actually raised this with tiny pieces of foam tape as well.   Adding one tiny bow with twine makes it a super cute card!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope that you will link up your card to join in the fun at the Craftin Desert Divas blog
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment