Saturday, June 25, 2016

Be the Reason someone smiles

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by
 
New week calls for a new challenge at The Color Throwdown blog!  This week the colors were so amazing that I can't stop looking at them.   Here is the swatch to work with.
 
 
I am loving the layered look lately.  It seems all of my cards end up with numerous beautiful layers. I first started off with my card base.  It is 5 x 6.5 and I purchase these at Michaels when on sale. I ended up trimming it slightly which I normally do not do.
 
I started out with a 4 x 5.5 white piece of card stock and took the brand new ink from So Suzy Stamps called Wild Watermelon.. and oh is this gorgeous.  I know this will be my go to pink from here on out..   I took my ink blending tool from Tim Holtz and placed the Wild Watermelon down.  I die cut in yellow the brand new stacked stars from Simon Says Stamp.  I left some of the stars intact ..  I ended up cutting down this piece of cardstock as my stars didn't take up as much space as I thought.
 
I then started my layers.. I used the Scalloped square from SugarPea Designs.  Orignally this was from a Stamp of Approval box, but can now be purchased outside of the box.  The next layer is from Craftin Desert Divas Fancy Frames.   The next layer is the Picture Frame die from Craftin Desert Divas.  The pink layer is a regular old cut and I embossed this layer.  Finally one last white square.. I took my Wild Watermelon and drug it around the edges of this piece to make it kinda pop away from the white card base.
 
I then took the Flag Banners from Craftin Desert Divas and used the brand new set from Simon Says Stamp (inspired by Jennifer McGuire) Uplifting Thoughts.  I embossed this with Alabaster from Brutus Monroe.
 
It needed something else.. so I rummaged through my ribbon and found pink.. and had some twine in the mess, so I added that as well. 
 
This card turned out so incredibly gorgeous.  The colors together are stunning.. Be sure to  join in the Color Throwdown Challenge weekly!
 


2 comments:

  1. ahhh! I love this! Totally made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layered design! Love how you made the star die cut the "star" of the show. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete