Monday, March 14, 2016

Simple cards

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today I want to share a few cards I made using water color and Concord & 9th goodies.
 
I used the Floral & Flutter die set for these cards.  This set is STUNNING in person.  I am so excited to use it on so many projects.  
 
I also used stamps from Sophisticated Script, Grateful and Tree Hugs.
 
I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  These squares are handy as you don't need to cut them.  They are also a GREAT quality and thick.
 
I took my pearlescent water colors and just randomly placed them sideways.  I had envisioned what I wanted and the look I was going for.  Next time, I would leave more room for where ever I will be stamping.  I think the stamped word looks better on plain white and not on the water color.  I used my MISTI to stamp most of them and thankfully because it needed a few layers over the watercolor.  I used Brutus Monroe detail ink form my stamping.
 
I then took my die cuts and placed them over the watercolor and used flat back pearls for the center of my flowers.  I mainly used white cardstock, but after these I experimented with colored card stock and it adds that little punch.
 
Happy Crafting!
I hope this sparked some creativity
~Kara
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment