Thursday, March 3, 2016

Happy Easter

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by. 
 
Creating Spring cards can be so fun!  I love bright fun colors and that is what Spring has to offer.   New life.. new beginnings... which leads into my favorite SUMMER!
 
I started off by taking my card base and using distress inks to make my sky color.  I wasn't incredibly particular about this because I knew I'd have some layers over top.  I then took my Grassy Hills from My Favorite Things and cut two layers.  I used foam dots for my top layer to add that dimension.
 
I took the Nesting Flower die from Die Versions and  die cut blue.  I did two different colors because no two clouds are ever the same.  Once you have the flower cut simply take your scissors and cut in half.  You can do many different sizes clouds with the flowers.  I always try to add dimension to my cards.  The top cloud I added some foam pieces to make it raised .  Don't be afraid to add some dimension!
 
I then cut out the GORGEOUS Happy Easter egg die.  This die cut out is stunning.  I traced the egg on white and cut that with my Brother Scan N Cut for my layer behind the egg.   I was going to add glitter and such to the egg, but truthfully it is so beautiful I decided not to take away from the die cut.
 
I topped of the card with Sunny Skies die from My Favorite Things and added a few flowers from the Painted Thank you from Concord & 9th.
 
I hope this has inspired you to be crafty!   
 
When purchasing from Die-Versions be sure to use kara15 to save 15% on your goodies.  This can not be combine with any other sales or promotions.
 
Have a great day!
~Kara
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment