Saturday, February 6, 2016

Live Simply Cascading Card

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
The idea for a cascading card came from a group on Facebook.  I saw one posted and my jaw dropped.  Instantly knew I'd be making one.  So I found a great YouTube video tutorial on how to make the cascading part and oh my did it turn out gorgeous (not the base but the entire card, LOL).
 
 
 
I knew in my mind what I wanted to do when I first saw the style of card.  I took out my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret collection and went to town making flowers.  I had the pink and brown idea in my mind so to paper it went.  I used Versamagic Pixie Dust and distress ink Vintage photo for my edges.    I stamped out several flowers using my MISTI tool and got to shaping.  I made way more than I needed, but will use them in a project again.
 
I measured and cut each open spot that would be visible using the Vintage Floret paper pad collection.   Once I was to the inside portion of the cascading card I placed small x's in pencil so I'd know which one to stamp.  I took the card apart and stamped the visible spaces with VersaMagic Jumbo Java.  I had to use a scratch piece of paper to cover the cardstock I had already put in place when I stamped. 

 
After I had everything cut and stamped I placed the Live Simply die cut from Die-Versions onto the front.  This cut little die cut fits PERFECTLY on the front.  This die is in the farewell category.. so you'll want to grab this ASAP if interested.


 
I then placed all of my flowers where I thought was perfect.  I started small and went larger to the top and it worked perfect to be able to 'shut' the card.  They do lay flat if you do not had tons of dimension.  I certainly won't be able to use a regular envelope to mail.  I would not want my flowers to smash anyways, so to mail.. it will cost more than a regular stamp.
 

I hope that you enjoyed this cascading card.  I know I LOVED making this. The actual base/style is simple to make.  It's your embellishments that take the time.
Happy Crafting!
~Kara
 
 
 
When shopping at Die-Versions be sure to use kara15 for 15% off.  This can not be combined with any other sales or discounts.
 
 
This card is entered into the challenge
Crafting from the Heart Challenge - #98


 
 


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment