Friday, January 22, 2016

Stacked Hearts from Simon Says Stamp

Hello!  Thanks so much for stopping by
 
Today I wanted to show you a card I made using the splatter technique for my background.  I took my Dylusions Paint and several card bases and splattered away in several different colors.. This is one of my favorite looks and I couldn't go wrong with several made up.  I love the Tim Holtz flicker tool for my flickering.   There is non control on where and how much goes in one place.. so know you lose control when flickering.
 
I decided on the pink background so I took my Stacked Heart die from Simon Says Stamp and cut pink.  I was careful not to lose my hearts from the die cut.. I wasn't sure how many I wanted to place back in the die cut. 
 
I tried a few different backgrounds for my stacked hearts and decided on the stitched squares from My Favorite things.  I had to trim off a few hearts to make it fit perfect.
 
I then took the stamp set Distress Patterns from My Favorite things.  Embossing in white from Hero Arts and had the perfect strip to accent.
 
I used only one heart as a fill in on my die cut and then I placed one in the bottom right.  I wanted some sort of sentiment on the card, but after looking at it I thought it might ruin the beauty.  I left it be!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Go and get crafty!
Kara
 

 
This card is entered into the challenge:
Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Love all the pink. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete