Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Mixed media card

Hello!  I hope this finds you having a wonderful day!  I have been watching many YouTube videos about mixed media.  At first, I'll be honest.. I wasn't a fan of it.  The more I looked around, the more I thought WOW is that ever gorgeous.
 
I truly do not think there is a right or wrong way to do a mixed media piece.  I used distress inks for my background.  I wouldn't use them for a project larger than this 6x6 card (just my opinion).  I will be trying the Dylusions Paint for my next mixed media project.  I think it will be easier to cover a larger surface.
 
I then randomly stenciled and stamped around various places.  For the gray hearts, I used my gelatos and texture paste.  I mixed up my concoction and spread over my heart stencil.
 
I wanted this to be a card and it didn't take me long to go to my Heartfelt Creations collection.  Think of you seems to fit just about anywhere.  Who wouldn't want you to think about them?
 
I feel this is just the start for me.  There are so many techniques and I will continue to work on my mixed media. It was fun to make.  It almost brought out your inner child!  I hope you try a mixed media project.
 
Have a beautiful day! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment