Friday, October 23, 2015

Harbor Freight Revolving Storage ** made girly

Hello!  I am so excited to share the make over I did to the Harbor Freight Revolving Storage!  I am certain I spend more at Harbor Freight than my husband does!   Who says Harbor Freight is for men?!?!?  They carry items perfect for craft rooms!
 
I went to Harbor Freight with my 20% off coupon in hand and knew this was going to be mine!

 
I knew in my head that I didn't want that drab color in my craft room... Purple is my color for life and just makes me happy happy!  So off to Walmart I went to purchase some purple.  Once I got home, I remembered that I had some pink left over from painting my Raskog from Ikea.
 
I laid all of the parts out. My driveway is the painting booth for all things. that need spray painted.
 
I used Rustoleum Grape for my purple (it was on clearance at Walmart) and the Pink is Valspar Gloss Frosty Berry.


 
I knew it needed to dry for more longer than I wanted to let it.. I was EXCITED to assemble this baby and see it in the beauty!  Unfortunately, the night was nearing and I hurried along.. and it did NOT dry completely.  I had quite a few dings in the paint. I am not bothered by this as I plan on using this for crafty storage.. I don't plan on it staying perfect.  So I was ok with the chips here and there.  For a perfectionist, I might recommend to let it fully dry.. the chips will bother you, LOL.
 
Have you ever assembled anything from Ikea??? If so, you will understand when I say 72 nuts, bolts and washers reminded me of Ikea furniture.  I said to my husband as I assembled it, what in the world would need 72 nuts, bolts and washers.. His reply was.. I'm fairly certain this purchase was not intended to be purple, pink and hold glitter and glue.. OHHHHH I said.. LOL!  Made me chuckle.
 
 
Assembled, painted and BEAUTIFUL!  I absolutely love it!  It matches perfectly in my craft room and will hold TONS of items.
 
 
I placed a few items in the bins to see what kind of storage I was looking at.

 
This is the Revolving Storage from Harbor Freight and the Raskog from Ikea!  Near perfection in my MESSY craft room and messy Raskog.  I always say, if I clean it all up, then I won't find anything.
 


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy crafting
 
 

2 comments: